[Pubmed] Patient-reported burden of myasthenia gravis: baseline results of the international prospective, observational,

Intégration des publications parues sur PUBMED
Répondre

Auteur du sujet
RSS-Bot
Ami(e) de Diamant
Ami(e) de Diamant
Zodiaque :
    Mac OS X Safari

[Pubmed] Patient-reported burden of myasthenia gravis: baseline results of the international prospective, observational,

Message par RSS-Bot »

BMJ Open. 2023 Jan 31;13(1):e066445. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2022-066445.

ABSTRACT

OBJECTIVES: Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a rare, chronic, autoimmune neuromuscular disease which can affect functional and mental aspects of health and health-related quality of life (HRQoL). This study aims to obtain detailed knowledge of the impact of MG on HRQoL in a broad population from the perspective of the patient.

DESIGN: Prospective, observational, digital, longitudinal real-world study.

SETTING: Adult patients with MG from seven countries (USA, Japan, Germany, UK, Italy, Spain and Canada) downloaded a mobile application onto their phones and entered data about themselves and their MG.

OUTCOME MEASURES: Data was collected using the following general and disease-specific patient-reported outcome measurements: EuroQol 5 Domains Health-Related Quality of Life Questionnaire (EQ-5D-5L), Myasthenia Gravis Activities of Daily Living (MG-ADL), Myasthenia Gravis Quality of Life 15-item revised scale (MG-QoL-15r), Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) and Health Utilities Index III (HUI3). Patients were categorised by their self-assessed Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (MGFA) class (I-V).

RESULTS: Baseline results of 841 participants (mean age 47 years, 70% women) are reported . The distribution across the MGFA classes was: 13.9%, 31.0%, 38.1%, 15.5% and 1.6% for classes I-V. The MGFA class was a strong predictor of all aspects of HRQoL, measured with disease-specific and with generic instruments. The domains in which patients with MG most frequently mentioned problems were usual activities, anxiety and depression, tiredness, breathing and vision. The mean total MG-ADL Score was positively associated with increasing MGFA classes: 2.7, 4.4, 6.3 and 8.4 for MGFA classes I-IV. Mean baseline EQ-5D-5L utility was also associated with MGFA classes and was 0.817, 0.766, 0.648 and 0.530 for MGFA class I-IV.

CONCLUSIONS: MG has a large impact on key aspects of health and HRQoL. The impact of this disease increases substantially with increasing disease severity.

PMID:36720569 | DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2022-066445

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3672056 ... t6+86293ac
Si vous appréciez notre travail, merci de nous soutenir un petit don en cliquant ICI

Pour obtenir la traduction en français,
cliquez sur le bouton situé dans la barre des menus en haut de cette page 

Pour les donateurs, si cet article vous intéresse, nous pouvons faire l’acquisition d'un tiré-à-part.
Merci d'en faire la demande sur association.amis-modo@myasthenie.com

Bonne lecture...
Répondre

Retourner vers « Echos de la recherche »